Ancient Wisdom for the 21st Century
The spiritual path of the Druids leads us through the beauty and richness of nature to the wild places of the heart.
The ancient teachings of the Druids represent one of the well-springs of inspiration of the Western Spiritual Tradition. In the past Druids and Druidesses were magicians and poets, counsellors and healers, shamans and philosophers. They lived in harmony with the earth and her seasons, and their mysteries were inspired by the magical energies of the natural world. Today the wisdom and the teachings of the Druids continue to inspire spiritual seekers across the world.
In this inspirational book, Philip Carr-Gomm takes us into the sacred grove of the Druid mysteries, showing us how we can transform our lives and deepen our connection with the world of Nature and Spirit. Druid Mysteries explores
– The ancient history of the Druids and its relevance to our lives today
– The separate orders of Bards, Ovates and Druids, and their roles
– Seasonal ceremonies and Druidic concepts of time and place
– Druid circles and stones, trackways and stars
– The secrets of Druid tree and animal lore
– The relationship between Druidry and Wicca.
This is a completely revised and updated edition of The Elements of the Druid Tradition. It includes much new material, and completely new chapters.
Distributed by David Westnedge Ltd., London.